Africa-Experience is a tour operating business with ground-handling offices in Tanzania, Kenya, South Africa and Namibia. Since 2007, we take our guests on exciting safaris and adventurous trekking tours in East and Southern Africa.
We are looking for a bilingual content writer (German and English) to support our global marketing team. This role can be fulfilled either at our head-office in Somerset West or remotely from home; it can either be a full-time position or on a freelance basis. We are looking for the right person and are flexible to make the set-up work for everyone involved.
This is a classic content writer position where you will be asked to write high volumes of content, with the added benefit of exciting subject matters of travel and safari.
- Researching and writing content for digital and print. This includes but is not limited to: blog posts, accommodation descriptions, itineraries, website and brochure copy, press releases etc.
- Translating from German to English and English to German
- Selecting images to match written content
- Following best practice SEO guidelines
- Following brand writing guidelines and tone of voice as well as writing briefs
- Supporting team in any written content needs and projects as they may arise
- You write German as well as English fluently (essential and non-negotiable)
- Your spelling and grammar in both languages is impeccable (essential and non-negotiable)
- You have at least basic knowledge of SEO best practices
- You have at least some experience in writing professionally either through previous working experience, internships or personal published writing projects
- You are focused on delivering results, write efficiently and economically
- You have travelled around Africa (advantageous)
- You have experience in the tourism industry (advantageous)
- You work reliably and independently with little direct supervision
- You are an excellent digital communicator
- Flexibility in work arrangement: freelance, full-time, in-house or remote – if you are the right person for the job, we will make it work
- Creative freedom to develop and implement new content ideas
- A competitive remuneration based on experience and working arrangement
- If full-time position: contribution to medical aid, 25 leave days per year, welcoming working environment in a friendly and supportive team
If you love writing, travel in Africa and spending time in nature and have a great work ethic – we’d love to hear from you. Please send your application including motivational letter, portfolio of published works, salary expectations and CV to AK at hr [at] africa-experience [dot] com . Please add the subject line “Application: Content Writer”. Successful candidates will be contacted for a short writing assessment.